Friday, August 26, 2005

Sweet Home Hiroo East #201


DCF_0067.jpg
Originally uploaded by sab-chan.
Yay! I've finally got my hands on the keys to my apartment! I went to the flat inspection today and after 30 minutes of checking for damage, playing with the air-con, signing forms and figuring out the combination lock on my mailbox it was finally MINE! I plan to go round this evening and dump some of my stuff.

Also - I went shopping on Thursday for some furniture. I went to Muji (yes, the same one that operates in the UK) and bought a bed and sofa. They will arrive on Sunday... which presents a problem. I move out of my corporate accomodation on Saturday. So, I'll have to nip round to the notorious Don Quixote (I still remember the Jingle - Ugh) and by a futon and pillow. I was smart enough to bring a sleeping bag so at least I won't be cold. Saying that, if I just switch off the air-con it will be comfortably warm anyway.

Another problem is presented by the lack of curtains. So I suspect that rather than sleeping in the beedroom which faces onto the main road, I'll sleep in the living room. Hopefully I'll do that this weekend. There is no reason I can't buy some on Saturday and install them. Of course, they are bloody expensive but when I go to DQ I'll buy a measuring tape too. That way, I can at least save on the expense of returning them. Of course this will be useful when buying a bloody washing machine and fridge too. I still haven't decided whether to even bother. Apart from keeping water chilled, I'm not sure how much I'll even use a fridge. And I'm betting there is a cheap laundrette nearby that will do the work of washing for me....

But for the first time in a Month I'm really excited again! Finally things are coming together! I'll have my own place, and soon enough all my gear will arrive and I'll be all settled and it'll be AWESOME!

SAB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear things are getting sorted out. Surely you will need a fridge though. What will you do for food? Is it not really expensive to keep eating out and what do you do for b'fast????

Not much happening over here. House is getting there but seems like all I do these days is paint! Oh and I got made perm at shian!

Byrney said...

Food here is CHEAP man. Soo cheap. Dinner in a decent katsu place will cost at most 10 quid. Less for ramen. Sushi is _very_ expensive but you don't eat it often anyway.

Breakfast is a Starbucks tall mocha with a basil pork roll. Mmm, japanese sausage rolls.

Congrats on the house and job!

Anonymous said...

hello from donegal !! there's a wee sab here wondering how you hwd his name ?? we want to wish you well in nippon and hope youre dreams come true don't forget your donegal cousins take care!!xx

Byrney said...

Hello hello!

But you didn't leave _your_ name so I can't be sure who posted. Keep in touch though (which is something I'm terrible at) and keep following the site. Glad to see my international following has increased ;-)

SAB