Monday, August 15, 2005

Paddy's Folly

This weekend saw two major experiences to relate. First was my night out in Paddy Foley's, the local meeting point for Celtic games. I was invited along by Neil Mochan (a friend from back home) who wanted to watch the Celtic vs. Falkirk game. Roppongi has a bit of a reputation, and it lived up to it that night. Since the same pub had played the rugby, then the Everton vs Man U. game afterwards it was a little crazy. We were trying to watch the game whilst standing in the middle of a crowd of dancing loons. Still, it was good fun and we got quite into the dancing the more we drank. We finished off the night with a visit to Bar Milwauke for a game of pool and proceeded to beat of all local competition without much effort. I made it to bed around 3am and woke up with a thumping hangover. The problem with drinking in this country is that you dehydrate to quickly. I eventually got up around midday to grab some lunch and attempt some shopping.

Which leads me to my experiences in the drug store. I went in looking for two things... 1) Some shower gel - I eventually found some body shampoo that seems to do the job, and 2) Deodourant. This is where I ran into some problems. I couldn't identify the stuff! There were so many products that I couldn't recognise I pretty much spent my time looking at every single bottle/can hoping that some manufacturer would be kind enough to put something in english on it to help me identify it. An hour later I eventually found some spray - but NO roll on! Its not really popular here unfortunately. Ah well, spray is not too bad. Now I'm going to wait until I run out of Shampoo before my next visit... Oh, and they don't do head and shoulders. I checked.

No comments: