Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sunburn baby burn


Sunburn baby burn
Originally uploaded by sab-chan.
I Woke up this morning and - completely forgetting I was burnt from yesterday -jumped in a hot shower and screamed like a little girl.

I'd been out playing golf again. I'm sure Nev will laugh but I scored 144 (I was doing much better until we stopped for lunch and had a beer). The problem with playing golf out here, as previously noted, is that you have to get up ridiculously early. At least I planned for it this time. I had an early night on Friday, got up at 5am, got ready and went outside to wait on my lift. I forgot only two key items.

1) My hat.
2) My sunblock.

One of the guys I played with had some factor 8 with him, but we all know that my pasty blue complexion would never survive 4-5 hours in the searing hot sun with just factor 8. I need at LEAST factor 30.

About half way through the back nine, I began to feel it. Which is bad, you usually get burnt before you notice so if I was feeling it I was in for a painful one. My only rescue was the hand towel I'd lifted from the gents. I wrapped it round my head and would have knotted the corners if it was big enough. As it was I had to stuff the corners under the rim of my shades. As you can imagine I must have looked pretty stupid.

The final straw was when I got inside. I took of my shades and Lo, I had raccoon eyes. Great. Lets hope I peel enough for work in Tuesday (Monday is a holiday).

ps, I'm off to the Tokyo Games Show. Expect pictures of cute scantily clad girls trying to sell their wares (lit. games).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to read about the hair cut but cant find it

Anonymous said...

looking good byrney!

Anonymous said...

Good work on the posts!
That's some quality sunburn!

Byrney said...

Mum, click on the 'August' archive link. Its in there

Anonymous said...

I think the heat is getting to you son.