Sunday, September 11, 2005

Mo-Chan & Teika


Mo-Chan & Teika
Originally uploaded by sab-chan.
I visited Mochan and Teika on Saturday in Yokohama. Its a nice port town/city that has the first seaport in Japan after Matthew Perry forced open trading with west in 1854.

It was a pretty rough morning, having got to bed a 5am after clubbing in the extremely cheezy A-Life. I was meant to be there about 12 ish so I got up at 9, had a bath and left for the train with a headache and instructions of how to get there. By the time I arrived at Yokohama I'd forgotten that the instructions detailed a final leg which involved going to Neil's local station. Never mind, a hasty phonecall sorted that out and I finally met Teika.

We spent a nice afternoon walking through some shopping centres, along the docks, sitting in a park watching street performers, dawdling through China town (the most expesive China town I've ever been to), finding the 'big and tall' store and finally resting in Neil's apartment.

The best part of the day was Neil's wedding video. Actually, it wasn't the full wedding, but a kind of wedding ceremony involving a carriage, some dancing lions and an M.C. keeping it real. This was all in Teika's home town (don't ask me the name) and was taken a few months back. Oh, and I was treated to some fantastic food made by Teika.

It was a pretty long day and I got back at around 10pm and sat down to some BlackAdder DVD action.

Baaaah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mochan married? What the???

Anonymous said...

agreed doubly!

Shotgun wedding?