Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Wiki-wild-wild-pedia

I couldn't resist commenting on the current Reg articles about wikipedia. I've always liked wikipedia because its ease of access but hadn't really considered the accuracy of the content. This put it all into perspective. One comment that stood out:

"I believe that the tone of the article is quite demeaning and misses out on the one indisputable quality that Wikipedia has brought into being. Now, thanks to the convergence of a million monkeys typing on a million keyboards, and after more than two millennia of breathless waiting, we finally have a modern, technologically advanced and incredibly complex version of the stables of Augias. One can only wonder, amazed by this Babel tower of Klingonesque beauty, if and where from will our modern Heracles will emerge, to transform this gem of astounding impurity into something worthy of the name "encyclopaedia".

As for me, I won't hold my breath for it." - Pascal Monnett

No comments: