Saturday, October 01, 2005

Honkey Tonk Man

Its a thousand miles to Yunnan, there'll be a full game of golf, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and I'm wearing sunglasses. OK, it is dark, and the view is awesome. I'm sitting on the 61st floor of the Cheung Kong Centre building. It looks over Hong Kong bay onto kowloon. Every hackneyed cliched zoom and pan shot of Hong Kong is visible from this spot. I'm also drunk. I landed at 10.20, got to the office around midnight, arrived at the local nightlife mecca (Lan Kwai Fong) and drank a few brewskies. As you can see its now about 3.20 am. My bus leaves at 4.30 to Shen Zhen where golf is promised, and then I'll be catching my flight to Kunming. Watch this space for further updates.

ps, I couldn't believe how many gorgeous women (yes Nev, actual women and not, I repeat not ladyboys, were walking around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe to you drunken eyes they look like ladies....

Anonymous said...

How do you know that they were not ladyboys, no one is supposed to be able to tell hens the song lola.

you should be a good scottish boy and not look at such things.

Just ask!!!!!!!!!

Byrney said...

Mother, sometimes you scare me. If its not the spelling its the content of the message...