Monday, August 07, 2006

Rock Climbing Photos

I took a trip back to Fuchinobe with the crew for another rock climbing trip. Pretty much the same as before but these photos were taking with my shiny (actually, matte black) new camera. I actually gave some of the safety and starter lessons to the newcomers which was fun. I'm slightly worried that the Japanese only speakers might not have understood me very well but they seemed safe enough (for the rock gym). Anyway - below is a photo of one of the rock gym regulars. This guy looks well over 60 but is able to hang upside down for at least five minutes:

2 comments:

lorn said...

looks quite fun how does it compare with coasters (i'm being sarcastic of course) they have a sort of mid air/suspended rock climbing thing they have built in glasgow braehead at this extreme indoor snowboarding place, i've not been yet tho...nor have i wnt snowboarding yet....buti get paid at the end of this month..yeeha! i'll keep u posted on it and if its good, we could go when its christmas! :)

Byrney said...

I've seen the photos of Braehead. This place has a lot more variety but isn't as big as some of the other places I've heard about in the UK. You should definitely head over to get some snowboard practice. I bet if you take a two hour lesson (which is probably quite expensive now that I think about it) you could then practice yourself and get ready for full on snowboarding next season.